Here is the last part of Solved Paper B, 2015 Annual, 2nd group:
No 4: Correct any five of the followings. (No Extra attempt will be marked)
- The principal refused acceding to my request.
Correction: The principal refused to accede my request.
- Neither the minister nor the king deserve to be praised.
Correction: Neither the minister nor the king deserves to be praised.
- He enjoyed a lot
Correction: He himself enjoyed a lot
- There is nothing but willing negligence.
Correction: there is nothing except willing negligence.
- You and Abdullah has done their work.
Correction: You and Abdullah have done tier work.
- Climbing down the tree, one of the eggs broke.
Correction: Climbing down the tree, he broke of one of the eggs.
- The doctor saw the pulse of the patient.
Correction: The doctor felt the pulse of the patient.
- The population of Lahore is greater than Nankana Sahib
Correction: The population of Lahore is greater than that of Nankana Sahib
- He told the judge that sir I am not guilty.
Correction: He told the judge respectfully that sir he was not guilty.
- He is senior than me in length of service
Correction: He is senior to me in length of service
No 5: use any five of the following phrases in sentences.
- A blue stocking: Amina is considered a blue stocking.
- A hard nut to crack: Success of BA is a hard nut to crake.
- Bring up: Parents bring up their children
- Get on: He is getting on very fast in his business.
- A cock and bull story: Nobody believes his cock and bull story.
- At large: No murder is still at large, nobody is trying to arrest him.
- An oily tongue: He has an oily tongue to use for his officers.
- To hit the nail in the head: If you want to succeed, hit the nail in the head.
- To see the gift horse in the mouth: Sell this old bike, it see the gift horse in the mouth of others.
- A bone of contention: This house is the bone of contention between two brothers.
No 6: Write a dialogue between two friends on the issue of the misuse of cellphone.