This brings me along to democracy, even love the beloved Republic which feed upon freedom. Democracy is not a Beloved Republic really and never will be. But it is less hateful than other contemporary forms of Government and to that extent it deserves our support. It does start from the assumption that the individual is important and that all types are needed to make a civilization is does not divide its citizens into bossers and bossed as an efficiency regime tends to do. The people I admire most are those who are sensitive and want to create something or discover something and do not see life in terms of power and such people get more of a chance under a democracy than elsewhere. They find religions great or small or they produce literature and art or they do disinterested scientific research or they may be what is called ordinary people who are creative in their private lives, bring up their children decently for instance or help their neighbors. All those people need to express themselves; they cannot do so unless society allows them liberty to do so and the society, which allows them most liberty, is democracy.
(i) What other advantages of democracy can you think of in addition to the fact that it allows most liberty?
(ii) Summarize the writer’s definition of creative persons.
(iii) Why does the writer call democracy a less hateful form of Government?
(iv) What type of people does the writer like?
(v) Suggest a suitable title for the passage.
(vi) Make a précis of the above passage.
- Democracy allows more liberty than any other society, and it does not divide its citizen into bossers and bossed.
- In writer’s view, the creative persons are sensitive, and they want to create something or discover something and do not see life regarding power.
- The writer calls the democracy a less hateful from of government because of its starts from the assumption that the individual is important and it does not divide its citizens into bossers and bossed.
- The writer likes those people who are sensitive and want to create or develop something. They do not see life regarding power, and they are creative in their privacy.
- The title of the passage: Democracy and Its Value:
- Make the précis of the passage:
Democracy is not a beloved republic among the prevailing forms of government, but it is preferable than other forms, it provides chances of progress to individuals. It also eliminates difference among the citizens. It also provides the chance to individuals to show their creativity in literature, art, and scientific fields. The democracy makes the people helpful to their family and neighbors. The people enjoy utmost liberty in a society only when there is a democracy.
poverty and Hunger in Afghanistan