Adjective: A word which adds something to the meaning of noun or pronoun is called adjective.
ایسا لفظ جو نائون یا پرونائون کے معنی مایں اضافہ کرے
- She is pretty girl.
- The brave man killed a dangerous snake.
Degrees of Adjective:
- Positive Degree: It simply expresses a quality.
- She is a tall girl.
- He is a wise person.
- Comparative Degree: It is used when we compare two persons or things.
- She is taller than Rubina.
- He is wiser than his older brother.
- Superlative Degree: It is used when we compare one person with all other persons or things of same kinds.
- She is the tallest girl in the college.
- He is the wisest of all his brothers.
Note: Sometime superlative degree don’t need to compare with other persons or things, it shows highest degree.
- She is the prettiest girl
- He is the best singer.