BA English Paper A, 2015: 2nd Group
English Language: B.A Punjab University 2015 Group 2nd
Time: 3 ½ hrs: Paper A Marks: 100
Note: attempt all parts of a question together. Be relevant and precise. Over-attempt deserve no credit:
- No 1: Explain the following with reference to the context any THREE:
- a) Stood on a great plain in the felling snow
Ten-thousand soldiers Marched to and fro
Looking for you and me my dear
Looking for you and me
- b) What is life if full care
We have no time to stand and stare
No time to stand beneath the bows
And stare as long as sheep or cows
- C) A damsel with a dulcimer
In a vision once I saw
It was an Abyssinian maid
And on her dulcimer she played
Singing of mount Abora
- d) The sun is behind me
Nothing has changed since I began
My eye has permitted! No change
I am going to keep things like this
- e) on this occasion she’s an enterprising you lady who puts on her best frock and calls ion me to try to get her brother the job of advertising my taxi cabs.
- No 2: Attempt any TWO of the following questions (200-225 words each) 10+10
1) Do you think that Beatrice in Rappaccni’s daughter is real character of flesh and blood?
2) How far would you agree that The Duchess and the Jeweler depicts the moral decadences of the nobility?
3) Do you think that the ending of the play the boy comes home is justified?
- No 3: 1) Attempt any TWO of the following questions (200-225 words each) 10+10
1) “The Huntsman is a blend of funny and unfunny aspects of life, the elements of suspense and irony create a shocking impact”. Do you agree? Explain you answer.
2) What is the significance of the song in The Solitary Reaper!
3) Draw a character sketch of the woman in the poem Woman Work.
- No 4: Attempt any TWO of the following questions (200-225 words each) 10+10
1) Discuss the significance of the little whistling of Birds.
2) What memories of his grandfather does Yeats gather from his childhood?
3) What is the importance of saying please?
- No 5: Attempt any TWO of the following questions (200-225 words each) 10+10
1) Discuss the symbolic significance of Santiago’s struggle to bring Marlin to the shore.
2) What role of Dimaggio, Perico and Marlin play in the novel ‘The Old Man and the Sea’.
3) What is the moral of the novel ‘The Old Man and the Sea’?
To see the solved BA English Paper A, Annual 2015,