Get here BA English Annual 2015 and solved complete paper BA English Annual 2015
ؓٓPaper B, 2015:
English Language: BA Punjab University 2015: Group-11
Time Allowed 3 hrs Paper B Marks: 100
Important Note: Over attempted idioms/correction of sentences will not be marked. Only the first Five will be marked. Don’t write your names, PH# or identity in any answer:
- No 1: Write an essay with outline of 300-350 words on one of the following topics:
- Beauty is Truth, Truth Beauty:
- The Holy Prophet (May Allah shower His blessing on him) as Sirjum Munira ( A Lamp that Spreads Light)
- Study of Literature: An antidote to Extremist Behavior
- Drug Addiction:
- How to Build a Democratic Pakistan:
- No 2: Read the following paragraph and answer the question at the end. The answer must be in your own words.
To be a good teacher, you need some of the gifts of a good actor. You must be able to hold the attention and interest of your audience; you must be clear speaker with good pleasing voice and you must be able to act when you are teaching in order to make its meaning clear. Watch a good teachers, you will see he does not sit motionless before his class; he stands the whole time he is teaching; he walks about using his arms, hand and fingers to help in his explanation and his face to express his feelings. Listen to him and you will hear the loudness, the quality and the musical note of his voice always changing according to what he is teaching.
But the fact that a good teacher has some of the gifts of good teacher does not mean that he will be indeed be able to act on the stage, for there are very important differences between the teacher’s work and actor’s work. The actor has to speak words which he has learnt by heart; he has to repeat certain dialogues which he has learnt earliest. Even his movements and the ways in which he uses his voice are usually fixed before. The good teacher works in a different way in which he uses his voice are usually fixed before. The good teacher works in a different way because his audience take an active part in his play. They ask questions and if they do not understand something, they will say so. So the teacher has to suit his act to the need of his audience that is his class, I know many teachers who were fine actors in the class but were unable to take part in a stage play because their brains would not keep strictly to what another had written.
- What is the difference between a good teacher and a good actor?
- How can a good teacher be compared to good actor?
- How does a good teacher act
- Who, according to you, is a good teacher?
- What is the role of a teacher in nation building?
- Make a precis
- No 3: Write a letter to the Editor to the newspaper regarding the deteriorating law and order situation in the country.
Or Write an application to the C.E.O of the multinational for the post of marketing office.
- No 4: Correct any five of the followings. (No Extra attempt will be marked)
- The principal refused acceding to my request.
- Neither the minister nor the king deserve to be praised.
- He enjoyed a lot
- There is nothing but willing negligence.
- You and Abdullah has done their work.
- Climbing down the tree, one of the eggs broke.
- The doctor saw the pulse of the patient.
- The population of Lahore is greater than Nankana Sahib
- He told the judge that sir I am not guilty.
- He is senior than me in length of service
- No 5: use any five of the following phrases in sentences.
- A blue stocking
- A hard nut to crack
- Bring up
- Get on
- A cock and bull story
- At large
- An oily tongue
- To hit the nail in the head
- To see the gift horse in the mouth
- A bone of contention
- No 6: Write a dialogue between two friends on the issue of the misuse of cellphone.
Translate the following paragraphs into English
موجودہ دور میں مسمانوں کی سیاسی اور معاشی پسماندگی کی سب سے بڑی وجہ ان کا حصولِ علم پر توجہ نہ دینا ہے۔ اگرچہ مسمان ممالک کے پاس دولت کے انبار موجود ہیں مگر ان کے پاس قابلِ ذکع یونیورسٹیاں موجود نہیں۔ ہمیں اس بات کو اچھی طرح سمجھ لینا چاہیے کہ صرف کھوکھلی نعرہ بازی سے مغربی تہذیب کا مقابلہ کرنا ممکن نہیں۔ اس کے لیے ہمیں اپنے معاشروں کو مضبوط بنیادوں پرکھڑا کرنا ہو گا۔